The Road Department (two full-time employees) is responsible for the maintenance of 11.73 miles of township roads.
Their responsibilities throughout the year include:
- Snow and ice removal
- Maintenance of brush, weeds and trees in the road right-of-way
- Maintenance of road name and traffic signs
- Maintenance and repair of road equipment and buildings
- Maintenance of parks and township grounds
- Maintenance of township cemeteries
The Portage County Engineer is the engineering advisor to the Township Trustees for the maintenance, repair, widening, surfacing and reconstruction of their highways. Any bridges on the township highway system which measure over 10 feet long are the full responsibility of the County Engineer.
To reach the Road Department please call Charlie VanSteenberg at 330-527-7414.